A little bit different twist on an ordinary quesadilla. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Make and share this Texas Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Slowly cook and stir onion until translucent.
- Mix in honey.
- Stir until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place remaining oil and chicken in the skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in barbeque sauce and evenly coat chicken.
- Layer 4 tortillas individually with chicken, onions, Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- One or two at a time, place layered tortillas on a large baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.