Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cheese, salsa, cilantro, cumin, sour cream, and jalapeno; stir to blend.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll out to a 13 inch square.
- With a 3-inch round cutter, cut pastry into 16 rounds.
- Place a generous teaspoon of chicken mixture slightly off center on each round; brush edges of pastry circles with cold water.
- Fold circles over filling into half-moon shapes; pinch edges with fingers or a fork to seal tightly; prick with fork.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; in a small bowl, mix the egg and water with a fork; brush over the empanadas.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake empanadas 12-15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.