Recipe by grandma2969
Be sure to have several sheets of newspaper under the wax paper when you get ready to place candy on wax paper..
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 2 -3 cups pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except pecans and vanilla in a 3 quart saucepan and cook 20 minutes after boiling starts -- stirring occasionally.
- Add pecans and vanilla
- Remove from heat and stir well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.
- Sets up quickly -- work fast.
- note for the evaporated milk: Pour into a measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.