Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an award winning recipe I got from the local newspaper. The three-hour cook time includes about 2.5 hours chilling time before serving.
- 236.59 ml finely crushed tortilla chips
- 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 226.79 g shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped green chili (optional)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml Tabasco sauce or 29.58 ml Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml chopped red bell pepper
- 118.29 ml diced green onion
- 59.14 ml sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together crushed chips and melted margarine, then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350.
- Beat cream cheese and egg in a food processor or mixing bowl until well blended.
- Mix in colby/jack cheese, chilies, garlic powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and spread sour cream over cheesecake.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan by running a sharp, thin knife around inside rim.
- Let cheesecake cool before removing pan ring.
- Top with red bell pepper, green onion, and sliced olives.
- Refrigerate several hours, then serve with chips or crackers.
Wow Mark Hendricks, I never tried this recipe before because of the cheesecake name, so that it sounded like a sweet, which we are not that crazy about, but we love Mexican food and this is plain AWESOME!!!!! Thank-you.
Thank you Mark for this wonderful recipe! I made it for my Oscar bash last Sunday, and it went over big time! I've had other appetizer cheesecake recipes before, but this is definately the "creme da la creme"....even some guests who don't care for cream cheese raved about it!
an excellant appetizer. this made a great impresion. not as much work as i initially thought either. i will definately make this again. oh...did i mention it tasted wonderful too!