Recipe by Mark H.
This is an award winning recipe I got from the local newspaper. The three-hour cook time includes about 2.5 hours chilling time before serving.
Top Review by Teresa M
Wow Mark Hendricks, I never tried this recipe before because of the cheesecake name, so that it sounded like a sweet, which we are not that crazy about, but we love Mexican food and this is plain AWESOME!!!!! Thank-you.
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together crushed chips and melted margarine, then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350.
- Beat cream cheese and egg in a food processor or mixing bowl until well blended.
- Mix in colby/jack cheese, chilies, garlic powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and spread sour cream over cheesecake.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan by running a sharp, thin knife around inside rim.
- Let cheesecake cool before removing pan ring.
- Top with red bell pepper, green onion, and sliced olives.
- Refrigerate several hours, then serve with chips or crackers.