Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My quintessential football Sunday dip with chips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel extra spicy)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks
- Brown ground beef, and sausage.
- Add onion and cook until tender; drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes and cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts.
- Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips.
Great dip! I didn't have any ground beef so just used Jimmy Dean mild sausage. Made for New Year's Eve. Will make again for Super Bowl party.
I gave this 3 stars. My family really liked this dip. I made this for our New Year Eve party. I made a few changes as to what I had on hand. I only had 1/2 pound sausage, I used 14oz can tomatoes & chiles, and I used a bit less then 2 pounds velveeta. My dip was very runny like soup so I thickened it with cornstarch and water paste. Overall this was very good and we will have this again. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
mmm this stuff is dangerous as it's very addictive. ;) I'd been on the look out for a "man-friendly" cheesy dip that I could talk my hubby into trying -- this was it! he loved it! thanks for a keeper! great recipe for a crowd. looking forward to making this for games and other festivities.