Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great Texas Caviar
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed of all juice
- 1 jar chopped pimiento, juice included
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced,green part only
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1 firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups vinaigrette
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients very well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight, in a sealed or covered container.
- Remember the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- Serve with old-fashioned saltine crackers or with corn tortilla chips.
made this yesterday, and served it last night. at first everyone was like "what's that?"..and then they gobbled it up. really good flavors. very simple ingredients, and easy to prepare. a change from the typical dip for a chip. very good, i will definately make this one again.
Super - served with Crab cakes - easy to make - new flavor combinations - all guests loved it -
Delicious! I used a mixture of black-eyed peas, chick peas, whole kernel corn, and black beans. It was a perfect dip with tortilla chips.