Recipe by Sharon123
Combining Texas caviar with deviled eggs to make a great appetizer or party food. Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (neufchatel)
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers (or pimientos)
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- canned black-eyed peas
- fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a single layer in a stainless steel saucepan. (Do not use nonstick.) Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place eggs under cold running water until just cool enough to handle. Tap eggs on the counter until cracks form; peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash together yolks, yogurt, and next 9 ingredients(through salt) until smooth using a fork.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Top with black-eyed peas and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill 1 hour before serving.