Recipe by Sue Lau
Black-eyed peas are considered to be "Texas Caviar", and they are the main theme in this spicy dip. Serve with warm tortilla chips.
Top Review by jtparkey
This is essentially the same recipe as what I call "Oklahoma Caviar". The only difference is I use 1 can of shoe-peg corn instead of hominy. It makes a great side salad for covered dish dinners, too.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I use more)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- parsley sprig (for garnish) (optional)
- tortilla chips