Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Black-eyed peas are considered to be "Texas Caviar", and they are the main theme in this spicy dip. Serve with warm tortilla chips.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I use more)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- parsley sprig (for garnish) (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients and toss gently.
- Place in covered container and refrigerate several hours (gets better even overnight).
- Garnish with parsley sprigs before serving.
- Serve with warmed tortilla chips (heat in 350F oven 5-6 minutes).
This is essentially the same recipe as what I call "Oklahoma Caviar". The only difference is I use 1 can of shoe-peg corn instead of hominy. It makes a great side salad for covered dish dinners, too.