Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip/salsa is fresh, delicious and nutritious. Everyone loves it, except my SIL who has an strange bean phobia. It's one of my most requested recipes.
- 2 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, mild,original or hot,your choice,drained well
- 2 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 large green peppers, diced small
- 473.18 ml sweet onions, diced small
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 226.79 g bottlekraft zesty Italian dressing
- your favorite tortilla chips, for dipping
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- It's best made the day before, but my DH has been know to eat a big bowl full right away.
WOW!This is just YUMMY!I did not think I would like this recipe but,boy was I wrong!!!Wonderful Stuff,I think the cilantro makes it great!!!Just the right amount of heat from the tomatos too.
OUTSTANDING--I do believe this is the best recipe I have ever made. Everyone raves about it. The recipe is certainly easy to make, but does require a lot of vegetable chopping. All my family and guests raved about it. My daughter-in-law likes things extremely hot, so she added red pepper flakes to hers. You might want to consider red or yellow peppers which have far more nutrition and taste better. Green peppers are simply unripe pepppers.
A BIG hit at the Oyster Roast last night! I substituted Rotel tomatoes with Cilantro, as I didn't have any fresh cilantro (don't really like it either). I used Kraft House Italian dressing (more emulsified than Zesty Italian), and added about 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese. So easy and delicious!