Recipe by CyndiCB
I've read a lot of different versions of Texas Caviar. So I finally decided to work on my own recipe and make the changes that I wanted. I've made this recipe several times, and everyone has enjoyed it, so I hope you like it as well. It's a super simple recipe, and only takes a little bit of time to make.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, whole kernel, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded & chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse beans and corn.
- Combine in a large bowl with chopped peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Mix oil, vinegar, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad and stir gently to coat.
- Chill for several hours (over night is best though).
- Serve with tortilla chips.