Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple recipe for a crowd favorite at any gathering.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 -2 jalapeno (fresh or canned)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Mix sugar, water, pepper and vinegar in pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse canned vegetables.
- Chop fresh vegetables.
- Mix all vegetables together and top with cooled liquid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with Tostito Scoops or other tortilla chip.
- Will keep up to 8 weeks in the refrigerator. . . yeah right, it will be eaten the first day!
- You can substitute splenda for sugar.
- You can add or leave out any of your favorite or least favorite vegetables, it's all up to you!