Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in the local paper. Even though I haven't made it I wanted to copy and put in my cookbook for later use, so I thought I would also post.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (16 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Dice green pepper and chop onion, fresh tomato, cilantro, jalapeno and green onion( include green tops).
- Don't forget to seed jalapeno as the seeds would make it very hot.
- Drain hominy and black-eyed peas.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Cover and marinade in refrigerator 24 hours.
- Then you are ready to use as a dip.
I love this recipe because of the hominy-something a bit different than most texas or mexican caviar. A great idea for leftovers is to make soup-add to chopped ham, stewed tomatoes, chicken stock if needed, and serve w/ cornbread-yum! Thank you for posting a great recipe!!!