Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A "munchie" dish given to me by my daughter, Susan. It is great to put in front of guests while waiting for dinner to finish up.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 (4 ounce) jar jalapenos
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- Drain all canned and jarred items and rinse.
- Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Mix all ingredients together with marinade in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or longer).
- Drain the marinade off the mixture to serve.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops.
So good! I usually use green onion and have skipped pimento and jalepeno. Made today and had no celery so threw diced red and green pepper in instead. We'll see how it is....
What an excellent treat granny franny. It has so much flavor, we loved it. It's quick and easy to make, with wonderful textures. We really enjoyed the sweet, tart, tangy, spicy flavor of the dish. The vinegar gives it a subtle pickled flavor. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for posting a recipe for my keeper box. Made for Fall/Pac/09