Recipe by granny franny #2
A "munchie" dish given to me by my daughter, Susan. It is great to put in front of guests while waiting for dinner to finish up.
Top Review by JamminJulie
So good! I usually use green onion and have skipped pimento and jalepeno. Made today and had no celery so threw diced red and green pepper in instead. We'll see how it is....
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 (4 ounce) jar jalapenos
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain all canned and jarred items and rinse.
- Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Mix all ingredients together with marinade in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or longer).
- Drain the marinade off the mixture to serve.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops.