Recipe by Kim D.
I received this recipe from a co-worker, who brought this dip to work on New Year's Eve. I don't normally like black-eyed peas, but this is a delicious dip! I now make this dip every New Years Eve and I serve it with Ritz crackers.
Top Review by charliedee
My friend's birthday is today and I brought treats to work to celebrate. She is on a diet, so I searched "low fat" recipes and selected your Texas Caviar over the other two listed on this site because yours was easier. It was such a big hit! Now, everybody wants the recipe! I couldn't find the black-eyed peas with jalapenos in my grocery store, so substituted with pintos with jalapenos.
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cans ranch style black-eyed peas with jalapenos, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder