Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Our family enjoys eating this on New Year's Day.
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas with jalapenos
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 3 ounces chopped pimiento
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup sugar
- Drain black eyed peas, pinto beans, corn, and pimientos. Combine in a large bowl with the celery and green pepper. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Boil briefly.
- Pour liquid over the above bean mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Best served with Fritos Scoops or Tostitos Scoops!