- 2 ripe avocados, peeled & chopped
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes or 3 -4 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of chopped black olives or 1⁄2 can sliced black olives, drained & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped fine (can use yellow & red for more color)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion, use tops also
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing or 1 bottle spicy Italian salad dressing (don't use creamy Italian)
- 1 -5 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped according to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- (no need to add salt, the Italian dressing will take care of that).
- (can use other ingredients, such as green olives, hominy, whole kernel corn) Add ingredients in the order as listed, (the vinegar in the dressing and the juice from the jalapenos keeps the avocado from turning dark) Stir gently.
- Pour into a bowl that can be tightly covered and refrigerate until all ingredients are cold.
- Better if refrigerated overnight.
- Stir again gently.
- Serve with tortilla chips.