Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is a quick (and addicting) party appetizer that is sure to please!
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Drain corn, beans and peas.
- Combine the pepper, onion, and all cans into
- large bowl.
- Boil the vinegar, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over vegetables, and stir. Refridgerate overnight.
- Serve with Fritos Scoops.
This was very good and easy. I added about 1 1/2 cupss of cheese.
This was ok but lacked any zing for my taste buds. I followed recipe exactly. Next day I added one half of a small habenaro chili and some salt and pepper. I think next time I will include a minced jalapeno pepper and maybe some minced garlic, It is a good base. Thanks for sharing.
I make this quite often for partys. People love it. I never have any leftovers. I also add chopped black olives and instead of the vinegar and sugar I use a bottle of 7 Seas Italian Dressing.