Recipe by Likkel
Every time my teens have their friends over, this is what they all ask for. A quick, easy, and an inexpensive snack that always goes over well!
Top Review by Faithfull
This was not only very flavorful, but a healthy snack as well. My kids love it and when I serve it with baked tortilla chips they have no idea that they are eating a snack that is good for them, too! Great for an after school snack.
- 3 (19 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced (or milder green pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cups beans, the oil and lemon juice into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Scrape pureed beans into a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining whole beans, the jalapeno, green onions, garlic, salt, and the cumin.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (allowing flavors to blend).
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes just before serving with tortilla chips.
- Makes 4 1/2 cups dip.