Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a combination of a few different Texas caviar recipes. A healthy alternative to 7 layer dip. Time doesn't include chilling time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 3⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 avocados, chopped
- Rinse and drain peas & beans.
- Drain corn.
- Mix first ten ingredients.
- Mix vinegar, oil and spices thoroughly.
- Toss avocado with other veggies.
- Pour vinegar mix over all & stir gently.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
This dip is awesome! We use 2 cans of black beans and omit the black eyed peas.