Recipe by MSZANZ
This is not the same as some of the other recipes for the same name. My family was reluctant to try this but loved it! Don't be intimidated by the laundry list of ingredients...they are mostly cans! Cooking time is refrigeration time. The recipe comes from a friend of the family. It needs 24 hours to marinate.
Top Review by Grandma Deb
I made the marinade and then used it over 1 can each of yellow corn, black eyed peas, black beans, pinto beans, rotel tomatoes, green chiles. Drain everything but the green chiles. I added some crushed red peppers to the dressing. WONDERFUL!!!
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 ounces finely chopped pimentos
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, water, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Drain beans, corn, peas, green chilies, and pimento. Combine with green peppers, celery, and onion in a bowl. Add marinade and mix well.
- Chill covered for 24 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.