Recipe by Epi-curious
I made this on a whim to take to a friends dinner party. It was so easy to make, and the end result was a dip that no on had ever tried before, but really enjoyed. It has a very earthy taste and goes really well with spicy foods. TRY IT!!!
Top Review by Sharon123
A new(at least for me), delicious way to eat black eyed peas! I didn't have pickled jalapenos, so used a little pickled daylilly buds, and added a smidgon of chipotle in adobo. Loved it, ate the whole thing. Thanks!
- 1 (19 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the black eyed peas, onion, red pepper, celery, and jalapenos in a bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Stir into the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro or parsley and bacon if using. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.