A zesty little mouthful perfect for your next event.
Make and share this Texas Cannonballs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, finely minced (stems and seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice (from jarred jalapenos)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (more to taste)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans jumbo black olives, pitted (well drained)
- Place the first nine ingredients together into a zip lock baggie; mix together very well.
- Snip off the corner of the bag and use it to carefully pipe the filling into the olives (or use a piping bag and tip).
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yummy little treats but not as zesty as I'd hoped. I, too, had lots of filling left over so I used this a base over triscuit and topped with chopped black olives. Made for the Regional Tag Game.
What a mouthful of flavor! These are yummy! I too didn't find they packed a big punch, but DH liked them as is. I had some leftover filling, and another can of olives so I spiced up the second batch for the heat seekers of the family! I will be making these again. Thank you for the great recipe!
Weren't quite as zesty as I hoping for....had quite alot of filling left over - could probably fill 2 cans of olives. Good, but didn't pack a wallup...