Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not your grandmother's fruit cake.... Even people who hate fruit cake love this.... The two-week "setting period" is a must.... Keeps up to or beyond a month in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 lb candied red cherries, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 1⁄3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Make two weeks prior to serving.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease and flour 10 inch bundt pan or tubed pan with removable bottom.
- Combine cherries, pineapple and dates in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat well.
- Add pecans and coconut; toss to mix.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smooth out top.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours. Cool in pan on rack. Remove from pan and wrap tightly in foil or place in an air-tight container. Refrigerate for at least 2 weeks to mellow flavors.
- Keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.