Recipe by whitan
Mexican Goop is what my honey's family calls this chili. Don't be looking for traditional Texas chili in this recipe! It's been taken on camping cookouts, hunting trips, and local chili cook-offs. It's really versatile since it's good with Fritoes or Doritoes as chili pie, good over hot dogs and can be spiced up with the addition of Tabasco as desired. Try it over rice or pasta too! Freezes really well for quick meals.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (we like Williams brand)
- 2 (12 ounce) cansrotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (16 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chopped onion in oil until translucent. Add the ground meat and cook until meat is browned.
- Add chili mix packet, Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chiles, and Ranch Style Beans (undrained). Cook over medium to medium-low heat.
- Stir to mix, then add cubed Velveeta cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Add Half & Half, and heat through.
- Serve over Fritoes or Dorito chips.