Recipe by JHOmade
From July 1999 Bon Apetit - This salad is so good. I like to add grilled chicken to give it some protein and make it a meal. The salad dressing is a winner too! I like to keep a batch on hand to dip veggies in.
Top Review by Susie D
I found the dressing a little tart, but enjoyable. It was easy to make & I would again. Next time I will add garlic. I used fresh red peppers instead of jarred. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (7 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, patted dry and diced
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in blender until smooth. Gradually drizzle in olive oil. Blend until creamy.
- Wash, dry and tear Romaine Lettuce into serving bowl(s). Top with Red Peppers, Corn, and Sun Dried Tomatoes and drizzle on dressing. Toss to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese and croutons.