Recipe by pressurecooker
I love biscuits and I love them light and fluffy, so this is my recipe that I use.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
These biscuts are wonderful,I had them with chef Bullwinkle's Jet potatoes, and my husbands fried green tomatoes,and my fried chicken.. What a meal that made.Made them just as the recipe called for...no changes...they were very good.Thanks, Darlene
- 2 cups flour (if using self rising flour,omit baking powder and soda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix together well: Flour baking powder,salt, and soda.
- Add shortening with fork, pastry cutter or fingers.
- Add milk and blend till velvety smooth.
- Roll out on lightly floured board and cut 1/4" (or shape a nice little biscuit with your hands).
- Brush tops with milk (optional).
- Bake about 10 minutes, till golden brown.