Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was printed in our local newspaper recently. It is sooooooo good. Be sure to toast the pecans early in the day so you can put the cake into a cold oven.
- Beat butter and shortening with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add alternately with the evaporated milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup tube or Bundt pan.
- Place pan in cold oven.
- Set oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Wow! This is a great pound cake! VERY RICH, and just delicious! I halved the recipe and made this into mini-loaves. That worked just fine for the 2 of us. Served with fresh strawberries and a dab of whipped cream - I used almond extract instead of vanilla -- thanks for sharing! Made for 2009 Spring PAC