Recipe by Mama Amy
Delicious and tender Brisket with fabulous mop sauce. We use this recipe whenever we want an extra special meal!!
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 7 -8 lbs beef brisket, whole and untrimmed
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any kind you prefer
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients for dry rub in small bowl. Save 1 Tablespoon to another bowl and reserve for mop.
- Spread dry rub all over brisket.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Mix first six ingredients plus reserved dry rub in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat five minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup mop into bowl, cove and chill for use in sauce later.
- Cover and chill remaining mop.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place Brisket, fat side up, in dutch oven or other heavy baking pan large enough to accomodate the brisket.
- Roast brisket in pan for 3-4 hours basting with mop every 20 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer brisket to platter, let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine barbeque sauce, and chili powder in heavy saucepan, add any accumulated juices from brisket and bring to a boil. Thin sauce with some of the reserved 1/2 cup mop if needed.
- Thinly slice brisket across grain, serve passing sauce separately.