Mama Amy's Note:
Delicious and tender Brisket with fabulous mop sauce. We use this recipe whenever we want an extra special meal!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 7 -8 lbs beef brisket, whole and untrimmed
- 1Mix first five ingredients for dry rub in small bowl. Save 1 Tablespoon to another bowl and reserve for mop.
- 2Spread dry rub all over brisket.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- 5Mix first six ingredients plus reserved dry rub in heavy medium saucepan.
- 6Stir over low heat five minutes.
- 7Pour 1/2 cup mop into bowl, cove and chill for use in sauce later.
- 8Cover and chill remaining mop.
- 9Preheat oven to 375.
- 10Place Brisket, fat side up, in dutch oven or other heavy baking pan large enough to accomodate the brisket.
- 11Roast brisket in pan for 3-4 hours basting with mop every 20 minutes, until tender.
- 12Transfer brisket to platter, let stand 15 minutes.
- 13Combine barbeque sauce, and chili powder in heavy saucepan, add any accumulated juices from brisket and bring to a boil. Thin sauce with some of the reserved 1/2 cup mop if needed.
- 14Thinly slice brisket across grain, serve passing sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1399.1
- Calories from Fat 1027
- Total Fat 114.1 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 289.7 mg
- Sodium 3180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 69.6 g