Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This breakfast casserole is good for any Sunday morning. Prepare it the night before and just throw it in the oven the next morning. It also has endless possibilities. You could add onions, crumbled cooked bacon, ham, and green and red peppers to this dish to make it even more tastier. I hope you enjoy. I found this recipe on Recipesource.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- Unroll crescents and line a 13x9-inch Pyrex dish.
- Cover with sausage, mushrooms and half the cheese. (This is where I'd add any extra ingredients you decide on).
- Mix eggs with soup and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Chill overnight. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
I added diced ham, chopped green, yellow and red pepper, plus shredded homefries and use Egg Beaters (the Southwest and Cheese n Chive are the BEST)! People rave about this and ask for the recipe--it's quick, easy, and just delicious!
Very tasty! I upped the sausage and used 1 1/2 lbs of Jimmy Dean "hot n spicy", couldn't find cream of onion and subsituted cream of mushroom instead, added sliced green onions to step #2, and sliced tomatoes on top. I am a mushroom lover and found 1lb of mushrooms was very excessive. Next time I will make with, and recommend anyone making this recipe to use 8oz of mushrooms instead.
Made Christmas morning 2010. Prepared the night before. Store was out of crescent rolls so I used biscuits instead. Added a cup of bacon. Was a little drier than I had hoped but still good. Next time may add another can of soup.