Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sam's Chop House Texas Black Gold Mushrooms go great with any steak, chop or slab of meat. Restaurant Quality finish.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic, pureed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon veal demi-glace
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2⁄3 cup Chardonnay wine
- Melt Butter in saute pan over medium heat, once melted add garlic and stir as to not burn.
- Add mushrooms and flip or stir to coat.
- Add chipotle and white pepper. Stir.
- Let saute until mushrooms begin to give up their moisture, then turn up heat and de-glaze with 1/2 the white wine and reduce by one third. Then deglaze again with the rest of the wine.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet and demi-glace, stir until incorporated and let simmer low for 30 minutes or so.
- The longer you let it simmer, the thicker and richer the end product.
- They can be removed at any desired consistency, but it's best to stir on occasion and let turn to a consistency of a sludgy dirty motor oil.
Great 'shrooms! Lots of flavor and pretty easy to make. Went very well with a steak, but would be good with chicken or fish also! Made for Spring Pick a Chef Game.