Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
(I can't vouch for this recipe. It is adopted so take heed.) Best Chili you will ever eat. I got this recipe from someone I knew in Texas. She got it from someone else that won Texas cook-off contest.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or 5 tablespoons cooking oil, of choice, divided
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup seeded chopped poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, chicken, turkey and salt.
- Cook breaking up meat with spoon, until cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook until softened about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked meat, broth, beans, hominy, chilies, cumin, limejuice and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.