Recipe from About "Southern U.S. Cuisine" at http://southernfood.about.com. We like any type of stew and this one is very good.
- 907.18 g beef caps, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 396.89 g can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 297.66 g can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 226.79 g jarmild picante sauce
- 283.49 g frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml water
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high for 3 or 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir together flour and water. Stir into meat mixture and cook on high setting 1 hour or until thickened.