Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded American cheese
- crushed corn chips
- In a skillet cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in the UNDRAINED tomatoes, UNDRAINED beans, UNCOOKED rice, green pepper, chili powder, garlic salt, water, and salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese.
- Cover and heat about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle corn chips around the edge.