Recipe by BeansnRice
From the Taste of Home Light & Tasty 2007 Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.
- 4 lbs boneless sirloin tip roast
- 5 1⁄2 ounces spicy hot V8 (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker after cutting it in half.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the rolls) and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker and heat through.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of meat mixture onto each roll.