Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Friends and family will enjoy this Texas Beans dish because it's so delicious; you will love it because it's super easy to prepare! Serve beans with warm cornbread squares or hot cooked rice.
- vegetable nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- bottled hot pepper sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large saucepan with the cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the green pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and onion; saute until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally while cooking.