Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Makes enough for a crowd.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 lb bacon (cut in 1 in. strips)
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or more, too taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Brown bacon, add onions, and saute.
- Add dry ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add beans using only 1/2 of juice.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 350 degrees.
- You can also drain the bacon and leave all the juice in the beans.
I made this in the crockpot. Good bean dish that isn't overly sweet.