Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce, mild or medium
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb beef, trimmed of fat and cut into narrow strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In slow cooker/Crock Pot, stir together onion, tomato sauce, picante sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Stir in beef, garlic, and beans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 hour.
- Turn setting to LOW and cook for 5 to 6 hours.