Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very tasty way to do BBQ shrimp.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaf, plus more
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- Mexican rice
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp and the relish; mix well to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the seasoning paste, and toss to thoroughly coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Let the shrimp sit in the seasoning mixture while you prepare the grill.
- Prepare a grill and thread the shrimp onto 4 or 6 metal skewers (depending on their size)*.
- Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp turn pink and are lightly charred on both sides. Do not overcook!
- Serve with rice in a flour tortilla.