Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We Texans like our BBQ sauces tangy and not too sweet, and this is a great one for brisket or steak. For an extra touch, serve Mexican or Texas beer, wash the bottles, and serve the sauce warm in them.
- 3 cups ketchup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pure chile powder (not a blend)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- brisket dripping (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a non-reactive pot and simmer over a low heat for a half hour.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate up to a month or freeze it.