Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In another saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cream is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in some of the barbecue sauce base, adding more base until the flavour is to your taste.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce to medium-low and simmer again until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Set aside.
- Store the sauce covered and refrigerated, and then re-warm over medium heat when ready to use.