Recipe by celestial_star03
This is nothing what it sounds like so beware, if you are looking for regular baked potatoes this is not for you. This is a terrific and tasty appetizer and it looks great. These are great make ahead, read through first. Time includes baking the potatoes twice. If you desire once they are done you can cut each one in half again, do not do this before you fill and bake again, it's too hard because they are too small to work with.
- 6 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 6 teaspoons sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes in an oven at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half until they are done.
- While that is baking mix the sour cream, cream cheese, bacon bits, and butter in a bowl until well combined and set aside.
- Cut them in fourths and scoop out most but not all of the filling in each one.
- Mix about half of the filling from the potatoes with the sour cream mix.
- Take the fourths of potatoes and refill them with the new mixture.
- If you want to put up over night this is where you would do it otherwise they will not hold up as well.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and bake again at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm.
- Once again, as this is important, if you desire once they are done you can cut each one in half again, do not do this before you fill and bake again, it's too hard because they are too small to work with.