Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer. The flavors of Jalapeno, pork sausage, and cream cheese make mouths water. My family loves this, and begs for it on every holiday.
- Cut off stems of jalapenos; using a knife and scooping action, remove all seeds and ridges. Rinse well; be sure you have all the seeds out!
- Combine sausage, egg, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Fill jalapenos with cream cheese, using a spoon or cake decorator with large tip.
- Make small patties with the sausage mix; wrap one around each jalapeno, sealing it with your fingers.
- Place on cookie sheet; bake in over at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Let cool, cut in half across the middle. Makes 40 Jalapeno eggs.
- Serve with or without a salsa dip.
great flavor, but difficult to make enough meat to completely cover jalapeno. I used fresh jalapenos and my jalapenos were large. Ended up with 17 large eggs not covered as well as we would like. Also, difficult to make patties stick together around jalapenos, but may work better with more meat