Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a spicy, Texas-style version of apple chutney that is great on any grilled chicken, beef, or even fish. Excellent mix of hot and sweet. Prep time includes 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 2 large apples, peeled and cored
- 1 large orange, peeled,pith removed,and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped (leaves only)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients and toss until well mixed.
- Let stand an hour or so before serving.
Miss Annie, very good apple chutney!! We had a taste of it tonight, but actually made it to go with our ham and scalloped potatoes tomorrow. I think it will be a perfect compliment to our dinner. The orange was a surprise, it added a nice sweetness and the cilantro and lime are a great combination. Thanks for sharing a good one.