1/1 Photo of Texan Peach Cobbler
Classic, delicious, comforting dessert straight from the Lone Star State. Who can resist a sweet biscuit-like batter rising up through juicy, summer-ripe peaches and encrusted with the lightest coating of carmelized sugar? I know I can't!! Goes great with any cook-out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml peaches, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; toss and set aside.
- 3Place butter in 8-inch square baking dish.
- 4Place in oven for 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- 5Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 6Combine milk and vanilla.
- 7Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- 8Spoon batter over butter, spreading evenly (DO NOT STIR!).
- 9Spoon peach mixture over batter, gently pressing peaches into the batter.
- 10Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texan Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 241.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: