Classic, delicious, comforting dessert straight from the Lone Star State. Who can resist a sweet biscuit-like batter rising up through juicy, summer-ripe peaches and encrusted with the lightest coating of carmelized sugar? I know I can't!! Goes great with any cook-out!
- 946.36 ml peaches, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 88.74 ml butter
- 295.73 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; toss and set aside.
- Place butter in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter over butter, spreading evenly (DO NOT STIR!).
- Spoon peach mixture over batter, gently pressing peaches into the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden.