Recipe by Rhonda O
The smell of this pot roast will have even your pickiest eating hungry. On servings you decide.
Top Review by KeyWee
Wonderful flavor and the meat, carrots & onions were so nice & tender! I used a plain old chuck roast (trimmed of fat) and cut everything up (and made the sauce) the night before. On Mondays & Wednesdays, I am out of the house for 12 hours, so I NEED this kind of recipe. Cooked from 7:30am to 7:30pm with excellent results. Didn't change a thing - will definitely make again - thanks, Rhonda!
- 3 lbs beef brisket or 3 lbs beef shoulder or 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh or reconstituted)