Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This is from a British weight watchers cookbook. In British points it is 2 ponts per serving - apologies but I don't know the american equivalent - please feel free to Zmail me if you can shed any light. By bigger half likes these with a large squeeze of barbeque sauce in but of course this will alter your points value. I like this served in a wrap with a little grated cheese thrown in.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 410 g mixed beans
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tinned tomates, cloves, onion, chiili, cumin and paprika in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the beans and place in a hot non stick pan.
- Add the sauce and cover, simmering for five minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further five minutes.