Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great on chicken, shrimp, lots of things! My new fave for 2007! I got it from Better Homes & Gardens! (I skip marinading and just pour it on grill meat!)
- 3⁄4 cup bottled green chili salsa (I like hot!!!)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (light if you can find it!)
- 1 green onion, chopped (2 Tbsp.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 lb. total)
- chopped mango
- chopped cucumber
- of fresh mint (optional)
- For sauce, in a blender or food processor combine salsa, coconut milk, green onion, lime peel and juice, cilantro, mint, curry paste, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture for sauce; cover and chill until serving time. (Or use it all for sauce/dressing!).
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill as above.) Serve chicken with mango and cucumber. Drizzle with reserved 1/3 cup marinade mixture. If desired, garnish with mint.
- Makes: 4 servings.