Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You know those nights when you just don't feel like cooking? Yeah. Those are the nights that I love Mr. Food the most - I can always find a recipe that asks little of me, but will yield a tasty meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add to the drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, picante sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup Mexican cheese blend; stir until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Mexican cheese blend. Return to the oven and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
An easy weeknight meal that the family enjoyed. My only issue was the pinkish color and texture from the ricotta. I might leave it out, layer the dish, or use a different cheese next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!